Friday, January 9, 2015

What Has Happen Up Until Now


January 9, 2015                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Weight  355                                   Pounds Lost   002

As of today when I got up this morning I weighed myself.  I was at 353.  That made me happy. 

Now I know I should not weigh myself every day.  Your weight is all over the place from day to day.  You should pick a day and a time and that is the only time you should weigh yourself.  But I do not know a single person who does that including me.  Now I do weight myself at the same time every day.  For me it is at 6:30am.    I felt good to see that I was two pounds lighter.  And I was going to walk, (the best that I can walk) around my home.  I have a pedometer and my goal is to reach 500 steps a day. Hopefully as time goes by I will be able to add more steps.  Before when I was losing weight I use to walked 10,000 steps a day.  I use to walk to and from work.  Take the long way to go to the break room and back.  Plus when walking to work, I would have to walk through a parking lot and I would walk up and down the aisles.  Yes, I did take longer to walk to and from work but it help me with losing my weight.  Plus I would stop at the store on the way home and get just what I needed for my dinner that day and for lunch the next day.  Sigh    I miss those days.  I do miss working.

Plus when I emailed a friend about my weight, she tells me I should have lost more than two pounds.  That is a pound a day and I do not have the ability to move around as much as I want to.  I should tell you she is very skinny and has never had a weight problem.  But her husband has lost over 150 pounds with surgery.  He looks great, but that route is not for me.  I love to eat and you can not eat very big meals.  I mean I can eat a whole bag of salad with add ins.  I use a salad dressing that only has 20 calories per serving.  So for what I eat in salad it is only about 100 calories and that is a lot of food.  My daughter says I should not eat so much but she is not a salad eater.  She eats cereal or one of those package noodle soups when she is not cooking for hubby.

Now one of the other things that I am doing to keep from grazing in the kitchen is to get some of my craft projects done.  I spent a couple of hours stitching a square for the cross stitch quilt.  This is a project that is going to take me a long time to finish.  Each square is two inches across, five cross stitch squares per block with four squares of fabric.  This makes a six inch block.  Plus I am going to put a black sashing in between each block.  The quilt I am making is going to be a little bit bigger than a twin size quilt.  As you can see this is going to be a while before this is finished.  But it will keep me busy.  I am trying to make a block a week.  That means I have to stitch five squares a week and then sew the block together.  So far I have these four squares done for this week.  I just have one more to do.  Each block is a different fabric with a matching back.  Yea, Lot of work but it will be so worth it when done.

Another project that I have to work on today is the clip board project.  I belong to a painting group and this month we are doing a clip board with these three silly pencils on it.  I will post the picture when I come home Saturday.  Hopefully I will be done and not have to finish it here at home.  I have to paint the background and then draw on the picture and do all of the base coating.  This needs to get done along with a couple of other things before I go tomorrow.  So this is going to keep me in my room for most of the day.  No time to graze.


No comments:

Post a Comment